Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney
I help spouses divorce peacefully, by agreement. Working together we can complete a divorce without setting foot in court.
Divorce Mediator & Attorney
- Practice limited to mediation divorce since 2012
- 1988 Juris Doctor degree, Dickinson School of Law
- 1988 Attorney & Counsellor at Law, Pennsylvania Bar
- Active attorney license PA52681
- Member of Academy of Professional Family Mediators
- Member of Pennsylvania Council of Mediators
- Member of Association for Conflict Resolution
As a divorce mediator, my job is to help spouses discuss and decide the terms of their divorce. I treat both spouses with respect and kindness, as I help them divorce as peacefully as possible.
Divorce mediator and lawyer
Not all divorce mediators are lawyers. Because I am both a divorce mediator and attorney licensed in Pennsylvania, I can assist spouses with their entire Pennsylvania divorce:
- Using my divorce mediator skills, I help wives and husbands discuss and decide divorce terms together. Spouses can rely on me to make sure they discuss all necessary topics. As we work together, I provide important information (legal, tax, financial, parenting, etc.) so each spouse may make informed decisions.
- After terms of agreement have been decided, I use my attorney skills to draft necessary Pennsylvania legal documents (postnuptial agreement, deed, QDRO, child support and child custody agreements, etc.). When both spouses are ready, I can assist in filing for a mutual consent Pennsylvania divorce decree.
❝By my nature, I am a peace-maker. From the time I began practicing law in 1988, clients and colleagues often told me I have a calming presence. Realizing that I am a helper, not a fighter, I focus my career on helping spouses divorce as peacefully as possible. I like to think I am making this world a more peaceful place for families.❞
An entire Pennsylvania mediation divorce can be completed in the privacy of my office—spouses do not have to set foot in court. I provide all services required for a mediated divorce—from initial consultation through requesting a mutual consent Pennsylvania divorce decree.
As a parent and grandparent myself, I deeply respect the decision-making role of parents. Mothers and fathers know their family better than anyone else. In a mediation divorce, parents make all the decisions—not judges and lawyers.
I help parents calmly discuss and make decisions for their family. I support their discussions with information, then formalize their terms of agreement by drafting legal documents.
52 S Duke St,
York PA 17401
Practice limited to
I am confident that parents—with just the right amount of help from a divorce mediator—can divorce on their own terms. I believe that parents who are willing to talk at the mediation table can solve almost any problem. In fact, about 9 in 10 parents who try divorce mediation reach agreement.
Is divorce mediation right for your Pennsylvania divorce?
Consider sharing this website with your spouse. If both of you are interested in divorce mediation, the next step is to schedule a divorce mediation consultation with Dann Johns, Divorce Mediator & Attorney.
- Content updated 2018-01-29
- Copyright © 2010-2018, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.